Most Improved Award 2019 - Jennie Charlton

10:52

The winner of our Most Improved Award went to... Jennie Charlton!!




We asked Jennie a few questions about her Apprenticeship and winning this award...

1) What is your Apprenticeship?

am doing the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager Apprenticeship and OCR Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.

2) Can you describe some benefits of undertaking Apprenticeship based training?


I was very apprehensive about taking the qualification to start with and wasn’t sure it was really for me, but it has enabled me to gain more experience and has really boosted my confidence at work. To be able to learn and gain a qualification whilst still working is a great asset, and makes it manageable.


3) What was your reaction to winning your award?
 

I’m really thrilled to have won, although slightly embarrassed because I am a lot older than the school leaver apprentices, and there still seems to be a stigma attached to being an apprentice. I was really pleased to have been presented with the award by the Registrar, and in the Sheldonian, where both my parents collected their DPhils many years ago. I was also happy that my boss, Sharon Lloyd (who nominated me), Graham Wilson (my course tutor), and Becca and Clive were there as well as some other familiar faces. Everyone involved has been very supportive and encouraging. 

4) What would you recommend to anyone else considering an Apprenticeship/taking on an apprentice?

Go for it! I have not only been doing this course myself, but I have been working with a previous winner at the apprentice awards, Grace Parsons, and she is a fantastic asset to our department.







.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Author

Created by Sophie Bebb, previous University of Oxford Apprentice at the Said Business School.

Managed by Melissa Duffin, Apprenticeships Coordinator at the University of Oxford